August 2009, I sustained an injury to my right foot and ankle and after several months of various doctor visits and physical therapy, they finally determined that I have a rare nerve damage injury called Complex Regional Pain Syndrome aka RSDS (Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome). RSDS is an injury disease. For more information on RSDS you can go to this website South Texas Innovative Medicine.

If left untreated the pain can spread throughout the entire body. It has already spread to my hip and is starting up the right side of my back. Dr. Rhodes at South Texas Innovative Medicine specializes in treating patients with this syndrome and has a 90% success rate. Treatments however must be done at the clinic in Corpus Christi, TX for 15 consecutive days and is extremely expensive. I needed to raise between $8,000 - $10,000 for the treatments, housing, food, airfare, and transportation while in Texas.

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Will it Ever End?

I actually slept ok last night, I sure didn't want wake up though. I got up and got ready for my appointment. Guess what... it's over cast still. At my appointment they tried me on a new protocol and after testing reset my frequencies again. Hopefully they will find a perfect one for me soon. My pain was really bad in my thighs and ankles last night and this morning. After my appointment we stopped at a piano store so Jeff could shop around. It's amazing watching him play, he's really good!
At home I actually didn't take a nap, at one point I was really tired but fought it off. Mom called and said Grandma wasn't doing well, she was in ICU. She can't died while I'm here, I can't leave my treatments early or I won't get better. I think I have the best sister ever. Dana called to see how I was doing with my treatments and with the Grandma situation. I told her my frustrations, I could drive to Utah if grandma dies but then there's a possibility of re injuring myself from driving for so long. Remembering she just spend a grand on my kids and I to fly us to Disneyworld for a week with them. She told me she'd fly me to Utah too if needed. I'm really grateful to have her in my life and that family is so important to her. I hope she realizes how important she is to me. With me having to pay $8000 to get treatments here in Texas, I'm pretty broke right now. She doesn't even question it, they are just willing to help us.
I watched a movie while doing my laundry, I need to iron but that can wait for another day. Mom called Grandma is doing better - she's out of the ICU and into a regular room. If you are reading this keep her in your prayers. I can't lose someone else right now, not right now. Trisha made stir fry for dinner. It was really good. Then a spent time copying recipes into a notebook. I'm going to try really hard to actually start cooking a lot more. I know Kel would appreciate it! While I was going through recipes, of course it started raining again. Will it ever end?
Then I took a shower. I don't know if it was from running out of hot water and the cold touched my skin or just from getting out of the shower, the worst pain I've felt in a long time was shooting up the back of my thighs. I immediately got really sick to my stomach and was in tears. Then my ankle got really stiff. I got dressed and came in to hook up to my machine. The pain in still there but not as intense as it was a few hours ago. Hopefully when I fall asleep, I'll be tired enough my body will allow me to sleep through the entire night. It's going to be an early morning tomorrow, Dr. appt at 8 AM (that's 6 AM in Phoenix!) then I have to hurry to get to church by 9AM.
I started uploading Trisha and Jeff's wedding photos to Heritage Makers, I'm going to make them a wedding album to thank them for their hospitality.
I didn't really get to talk to my kids at all today which makes me kinda sad. I talked to Paytie for a minute but he was in the shower. Hailee had been at a party all day. I guess at one point she asked the babysitter if her fake tree was real or fake. Chris said fake. Hailee said Oh good! Then the chipmunks in my head won't try to climb it then. She's so silly and has such an imagination.
I better go to sleep I have to be up in 6 hours. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment