August 2009, I sustained an injury to my right foot and ankle and after several months of various doctor visits and physical therapy, they finally determined that I have a rare nerve damage injury called Complex Regional Pain Syndrome aka RSDS (Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome). RSDS is an injury disease. For more information on RSDS you can go to this website South Texas Innovative Medicine.

If left untreated the pain can spread throughout the entire body. It has already spread to my hip and is starting up the right side of my back. Dr. Rhodes at South Texas Innovative Medicine specializes in treating patients with this syndrome and has a 90% success rate. Treatments however must be done at the clinic in Corpus Christi, TX for 15 consecutive days and is extremely expensive. I needed to raise between $8,000 - $10,000 for the treatments, housing, food, airfare, and transportation while in Texas.

Friday, April 23, 2010

70 mph Winds

So last night I had every intention of going to bed early. Then the winds started. My window was rattling so badly! I started looking at radar on different websites and went to tornadovideos.net. There were tornado warning and even one tornado in the more western part of Texas. There was an extreme wind advisory here until 4 AM. The winds got to 70 mph. It was crazy, at one point the power went out. It reminded me of AZ's fun monsoon storms with out the lightning and rain. I finally decided I should go to bed.
I woke up this morning actually feeling pretty good. My right foot was hurting pretty badly and my left shoulder, but for the most part I was doing a little better today. The office was super excited for the cookies! I did my testing and they kept me on the same protocol and frequencies since they seem to be working. I just have to be super careful not to do anything stupid that is going to hurt myself. I love that I've made so many new friends here at the clinic. We see each other driving in/out and we wave to each other. There a genuine concern for each other and our well being.
I came home and had some pancakes, then hooked up to my machine. I had every intention of taking a nap but instead watched all my shows I missed last night on hulu. When I finally did fall asleep, after an hour or so, Doori called to ask me if I took her a package yesterday. I said yes. She had been asleep and the front desk guy knocked on her door and said there was a package for her. She was confused thinking that maybe somehow he sister had gotten her crackers and gatorade, she called to see if she had sent them, but nope. I guess when she went to Dr. Rhodes she asked if they sent them over to the hotel, they had no clue what she was talking about. Then she realized it must have been me. She just called to say thank you. I imagine it's hard for her to be here all by herself and now they want her to stay 9 extra days. I'm glad I followed my prompting to help her - I told her if she needs anything to please call me. Also that Trisha is a nurse in case she needs anything.
I've felt really lethargic this afternoon. I was sick to my stomach. I've not felt really hungry, but know I need to eat. I lied down and started to watch a movie and passed out for like 3 hours. Ate some dinner and came in here to talk to Hais and to read to her. My Grandma is out of the hospital and back home. I'm grateful we get to keep her a little longer. Hais just informed me she has no school Monday, so she'll have to stay with Mamo an extra day. I think they are going to go to the Glendale Public Library. She will be amazed, out library by our house is pretty tiny. Well... I'm going to go grab another brownie and hook up to my machine. I have my appointment at 9 AM and then in the afternoon we are going to the beach! Yeah I'm so excited! That has to be one of my favorite place on this earth. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment