August 2009, I sustained an injury to my right foot and ankle and after several months of various doctor visits and physical therapy, they finally determined that I have a rare nerve damage injury called Complex Regional Pain Syndrome aka RSDS (Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome). RSDS is an injury disease. For more information on RSDS you can go to this website South Texas Innovative Medicine.

If left untreated the pain can spread throughout the entire body. It has already spread to my hip and is starting up the right side of my back. Dr. Rhodes at South Texas Innovative Medicine specializes in treating patients with this syndrome and has a 90% success rate. Treatments however must be done at the clinic in Corpus Christi, TX for 15 consecutive days and is extremely expensive. I needed to raise between $8,000 - $10,000 for the treatments, housing, food, airfare, and transportation while in Texas.

Monday, April 26, 2010

Should I Stay or Should I Go???

I got up this morning and went to Dr. Rhodes. Since I didn't have my appointment yesterday I wasn't sure what time I was supposed to go in, so I went at 9 AM since that's my usual time. Nope it was at 10 AM. I could have slept another hour! Shoot! But they saw me early, since I had really severe pain from my sneeze, they tested me and put me on a new frequency. Dr. Rhodes came in and talked to me. He really wants me to stay through the rest of the week and maybe into part of next week until the machines come in. Especially since my pain isn't 100% gone, I was so torn about what to do. I started crying. He said I could go home and come back in a few weeks. They just want to be able to train me on how to use the new machine.
I came home crying because I don't want to stay. I want to be home with Kel and the kids. There's bills that need to be paid, work to be done, my kids need me. I talked to Kathy - she told me to stay. I called Dr. Rhodes office and asked if they can train me tomorrow morning. Tamara went and checked and Sara can train me as best as possible tomorrow while I'm there. I check my account online and after I pay them for all my visits ($100/day) I'll only have $283 left in the medical account. I can't afford to stay anyways. I prayed about it a lot and I need to go home and I feel peaceful about that decision.
I took a shower then a nap for the rest of the afternoon and felt much better. I ate dinner and finished my laundry. I started to pack. I hate packing - really it sucks. I talked to Kel, he said Payton was really upset when he left. I read to Hais and then helped Trisha with her wedding album. Now I'm sitting here hooked up to my machine. And then I get to repack because my suitcase is going to be overweight. Agggg... This is my fun night - but glad it's my last! I'm so excited to see Kel and run into my house to see my babies. I miss them so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment