August 2009, I sustained an injury to my right foot and ankle and after several months of various doctor visits and physical therapy, they finally determined that I have a rare nerve damage injury called Complex Regional Pain Syndrome aka RSDS (Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome). RSDS is an injury disease. For more information on RSDS you can go to this website South Texas Innovative Medicine.

If left untreated the pain can spread throughout the entire body. It has already spread to my hip and is starting up the right side of my back. Dr. Rhodes at South Texas Innovative Medicine specializes in treating patients with this syndrome and has a 90% success rate. Treatments however must be done at the clinic in Corpus Christi, TX for 15 consecutive days and is extremely expensive. I needed to raise between $8,000 - $10,000 for the treatments, housing, food, airfare, and transportation while in Texas.

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Jellyfish on Shore

I woke up today and was pretty amazed how little pain I have in my body. I truly believe that Dr. Rhodes is amazing and am so grateful for his gift and knowledge to heal people from this awful disease. I see people everyday who have suffered so long from this RSD and even children and teenagers. it breaks my heart how badly they suffer. I'm so glad I've only had to suffer 8 months. Actually less than that because I've been hooking up to Kathy's machine since January. When I started on her machine my toes were curled and I could move them, extremely painful. It felt like my foot was broken, it hurt to walk, drive, move it, not move it, everything I did hurt. I'm just so grateful. I went for my testing again today - they tested upper body again. What do ya know... I get to stay on the same protocol and frequencies. My body is really responding well to the protocols he has me on, they are working great. I just have to make sure I be smart and not get injured. Or let the kids jump on me or it will all come back instantly and I'll have to start all over.
When I got home, I hooked up and watched a movie. Trisha was trying to do her toe nails but she's got a preggo belly so I took her polish off for her. Oh I miss doing nails!
Then we got in the car and drove to Padre Island. I think we were at Padre Balli Park Beach. It's crazy, you can drive your car up to the water here. So different from Cali. Oh, the water and the waves. I love the waves, I could sit there all day and stare at them. We took our shoes off and went to walk on the beach. Jeff was so crazy - he kept walking further and further out into the water. It was to his shoulders! I got soaked too, but only just above my knees. A huge wave came up on shore and soaked us. The water was great, I would have loved to go for a swim and I don't even like going in the ocean. It was so warm and inviting. As we were walking there was a jellyfish on the sand. I got excited and took a picture, the lady near by said it was a cabbage jellyfish and they don't sting. There are the one's the sea turtles eat. Walking further I actually saw 3 more. There was also this super fuzzy worm, it was pretty big. I love this picture - I'm going to turn it into a black and white. I picked up a few shells for Hais to keep in our shell candle holder in the kids bathroom. On our way back to our chairs, there was this guy making a sand sculpture of a shark eating a human. it was awesome! So we took pictures with it, it wasn't finished yet, but it still looked cool. We actually talked with them for a little while. He owns Davies Trees. He's actually done the tree work at the San Antonio, Nauvoo, Salt Lake, and one other temple. Pretty interesting. They were such a nice family! We went back and sat in the chair for a few minutes watching the waves. Then we sat under a little ramada when it became available. Then we drove to this cute gift shop and I got a few things for the kids. I came home and took a shower, yuck I was covered in sand. I'm totally going to have to scrub the shower, there is so much sand left behind. Then I took a nap and watched another movie. Trisha wasn't feeling well, she gets really bad pains in her stomach. I went out to see if she needed anything. I decided to pain her toes for her so I gave her a little pedicure. She's never had anything but pink or red on her toes before. I couldn't believe it! So I painted them purple and put a cute white iridescent daisy on her big toes. they turned out SO cute! Then we decided to go to Whataburger for food. It took them forever to make my burger (another hour and I could have had breakfast food, too bad it wasn't a guy at the register, I could have gotten him to allow my to get pancakes - girls are harder to convince how much you would rather have pancakes than a burger). Anyways, since it took forever - they gave me free fries.
Oh yeah... and Kel called while him and Payton were at Jack in the Box. He said Payt was so insistent on there being icecream cones there and he kept telling Payton no they don't have ice cream. he finally realized that Payton thought jack was an upside down ice cream cone. He's such a funny little boy!
I got to talk to Payt for a few minutes on Skype - he made faces at me. I then went and finished Trisha's manicure. I did french tips with daisy's on each finger. It looks so good. She never does her nails so it was a real treat for her. I'm so glad I could do that for her, I miss doing nails. Hailee called while I was finishing so I called her back, we read a story then here I am now blogging. I'm trying to decide if I should straighten my hair tonight or just do it in the morning. I hate waking up early. My appointment is at 8AM and i have to be ready for church when I go because church starts at 9AM. Well I hope you enjoyed my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment