August 2009, I sustained an injury to my right foot and ankle and after several months of various doctor visits and physical therapy, they finally determined that I have a rare nerve damage injury called Complex Regional Pain Syndrome aka RSDS (Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome). RSDS is an injury disease. For more information on RSDS you can go to this website South Texas Innovative Medicine.

If left untreated the pain can spread throughout the entire body. It has already spread to my hip and is starting up the right side of my back. Dr. Rhodes at South Texas Innovative Medicine specializes in treating patients with this syndrome and has a 90% success rate. Treatments however must be done at the clinic in Corpus Christi, TX for 15 consecutive days and is extremely expensive. I needed to raise between $8,000 - $10,000 for the treatments, housing, food, airfare, and transportation while in Texas.

Monday, April 5, 2010

He really does answer our Prayers

I just thought I'd catch everyone up on the auction. We didn't have quite the success we wanted or expected from the auction. All the remaining items are going to be placed on Ebay and craiglist or facebook to repay those allowing me to borrow the remaining monwy needed for the treatments. I guess I let my faith waver a little, I felt so strongly that the money would come and it had been. I am so grateful for all those that have shown up at my door step with checks saying they felt impressed to bring me a check. They apologized it wasn't more, but if they only knew the gratitude I felt for them in my heart. Modern Woodmen has been great too, they matched me the $2500 and I should get the check as I'm boarding the airplane. I've been worried still because I only have $5000 and the treatment alone is $6600 not including my plane tickets, housing, car rental, food, etc. I got a phone call last night and it was the family that is letting me stay with them. They are truly an answer to so many prayers. She asked if there was anything I needed while I was there and I told her that I just needed a ride so I could rent a car. She stopped me and said that between her and the other members of Relief Society they would get me to my appointments so I didn't have to rent a car. When we hung up I just thanked my Heavenly Father for this Corpus Christi ward and it's members. These people have no clue who I am, but are so willing to help me. I'm so humbled and grateful for them. I'm going to try to get the remaining items on ebay this week. After the auction I couldn't function for 3 days and slept most of the time because I couldn't walk the pain was so bad. I'm just trying to get everything ready and my children situated. Being gone from them for 20 days is going to be so hard. I am so grateful for the internet though so I can still see their beautiful faces everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment