August 2009, I sustained an injury to my right foot and ankle and after several months of various doctor visits and physical therapy, they finally determined that I have a rare nerve damage injury called Complex Regional Pain Syndrome aka RSDS (Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome). RSDS is an injury disease. For more information on RSDS you can go to this website South Texas Innovative Medicine.

If left untreated the pain can spread throughout the entire body. It has already spread to my hip and is starting up the right side of my back. Dr. Rhodes at South Texas Innovative Medicine specializes in treating patients with this syndrome and has a 90% success rate. Treatments however must be done at the clinic in Corpus Christi, TX for 15 consecutive days and is extremely expensive. I needed to raise between $8,000 - $10,000 for the treatments, housing, food, airfare, and transportation while in Texas.

Friday, April 9, 2010

So Many Blessings

I don't know how many people out there actually read my blog, but I'm going to start writing more about my faith and the things that have been happening to me. This is going to start being my journal for my recovery.
So the other day I was really freaking out about leaving for Texas and leaving my children. I called Bill and asked him to give me a Priesthood Blessing to comfort me. I'm so grateful to have him in my life as a "father figure", what a great man and good example he is to me. He gave me a wonderful blessing about how my doctors will be guided and know the proper treatments for me, the RSD will be something I'll have to live with the rest of my life, but it will be manageable with my machine. It talked so much about the Ward here in Corpus Christi and how great and charitable they are and were placed in my path to help me, comfort me, and to teach me by example. Just from the kindness the Grittons have shown me makes me what to be better. This is going to be a great adventure for me and I'll make friends that will last through eternity. I'm so grateful for that, I love my ward and I have friends, but besides my mom there isn't anyone that I run to to tell my exciting news to and I miss having a person in my life like that.
I was putting Hais to bed last night and we talked and cried. She asked me to bring Max & Ducka (her favorite animals - she sleeps with every night) on my trip with me. I promised her I would take them everywhere I go and we'd take lots of pictures. I put her to bed and finished getting ready. When she woke up this morning she climbed into my bed and wrote me a note... "I'm afraid really afraid. My mom is going to doctor in Texas. I'll be sad today." I knelt down in the driveway and hugged her and cried a little more with her. We then drove to school and I dropped her off. It reminded me of the first day of school and the tears I shed. When I got back home I decided I should probably pack since I was leaving in a few hours. Paytie was trying to be helpful and sit in my suitcase. Silly boy. My mom came over so we could run to the bank. The cash matching funds from Modern Woodmen came and I needed to deposit it, I borrowed the rest from family and will pay them back with the rest of the auction items income. While I'm here I'm going to get the rest of the items listed on Ebay and Craigslist. Payton was excited to go to the airport, he kept saying Mommy...Airplane? When we got there he wanted to get out with me I just hugged and kissed him and told him to be a good boy. Oh Gosh, that was so hard to leave my son. My mom said he cried for me the whole way back to my house. As I was waiting to board the plane I met some nice older guys who were headed to Corpus Christi also, so I asked if I could just tag along with them. They were so kind to let me.
The flight to Dallas was pretty easy, I got off the plane and my new friends were there waiting for me. We headed to the terminal Buses because our connecting flight was in a different terminal. Of course Max and Ducka got lots of pictures taken. I had a few minutes before I boarded so I called and talk to the kids and Kel. Hailee couldn't believe I was already in Texas. Kel got tickets to NASCAR so he's going to take Hailee tomorrow. I'm so jealous! She'll have a great time though, she's loved NASCAR since so was born. We had to ride one of the little planes to Corpus Christi. I was in an isle by myself (I was the only seat in the isle) the seats were actually really comfortable. I started reading but them I started to feel sick cause we hit a lot of turbulence. It started to really make me start hurting pretty badly through my legs and back. I just started praying asking Heavenly Father to please make the wind calm and for the turbulence to stop and within minutes there was no movement from the plane. I'm so grateful for a loving and kind Heavenly Father who hears me and answer my cries for help. On so many occasions. In my patriarchal blessing it talks about blessing will come to me and I will not be able to contain them all. I feel like this is that time. I've really been trying hard this year to really be faithful and turn to the Savior for help and let the atonement work in my life and I've been blessed so much.
After I got off the plane Trisha and Jeff picked me up and they are so kind. I have so much gratitude for them. It still amazes me that there are so many wonderful people in this world who will help a complete stranger and open there arms and home to me. I pray that Heavenly Father blesses them. We got home and Trisha made me some dinner and we talked about our plans for tomorrow. I'm so excited to go to San Antonio and see the sights and go to the Temple. Then I got all unpacked and made my room into my little home for the next 3 weeks. Well I better get to bed, I'm still on AZ time but we are leaving TX time tomorrow. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment