August 2009, I sustained an injury to my right foot and ankle and after several months of various doctor visits and physical therapy, they finally determined that I have a rare nerve damage injury called Complex Regional Pain Syndrome aka RSDS (Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome). RSDS is an injury disease. For more information on RSDS you can go to this website South Texas Innovative Medicine.

If left untreated the pain can spread throughout the entire body. It has already spread to my hip and is starting up the right side of my back. Dr. Rhodes at South Texas Innovative Medicine specializes in treating patients with this syndrome and has a 90% success rate. Treatments however must be done at the clinic in Corpus Christi, TX for 15 consecutive days and is extremely expensive. I needed to raise between $8,000 - $10,000 for the treatments, housing, food, airfare, and transportation while in Texas.

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Our Peaceful Home

Well, I always have good intentions of going to bed early but that seems to never happen. I never did adjust to Texas time - who could they are 2 hours ahead of Arizona! So i go to bed when I usually would in Phoenix, but get up on Texas time. It's so not a good idea! Especially when you have a Dr. appointment at 8 AM and church at 9AM. I set mu alarm for 6:50 so that I would have plenty of time to do my hair and make up, 7:30 rolls around and I figure I should probably get out of bed. I hurried and got ready with half frizzy hair. Quickly ran the flat iron through it - still frizzy. I ran out the door, got in the car as was half way to my appointment when I got a phone call from Sara at the office that all appointments were canceled today because there was no power in the entire building. So I got up early for nothing. She said just stay at the same protocols and frequencies as I have been on for this last week. I got back home and laid in bed messaging with my mom until Trisha was ready for church.
Sacrament was great, missionary farewell. He strayed from the church for a few years but now at 22 he's back and ready to serve the Lord. Dora came and found me in sunday School to just say hi, she's so sweet. I really like her. They were discussing Number 11 in class. I LOVE this wards relief Society. The sisters are so kind and so nice. Everyone is family to each other. The sister that was sitting next to me hugged me and said I'm so glad you are still here. They really have made me feel so welcomed. Afterwards, I told the RS President thanks for all her help while I've been here. She was sad I was already leaving, but said to make sure Kathy contacts them when she comes to see Dr. Rhodes. At home, Jeff made lunch, then I went and did my treatments and took a nap for the rest of the afternoon. I called and talk to Bill and Kathy. Bill's almost done with my guitar. When he sells them, this style is called the "Ash". I feel so privileged to have a guitar named after me!
I sat in my bed and studies my scriptures, this is something I want to try to do a lot more when I get home. Really have scripture study a part of our daily routine. Personally but with the kids as well. hopefully Kel will join us at some point. Being here has really made me evaluate our lives and the things I want to change. I really want our home to be peaceful and like a heaven on earth. I want our kids friends to want to be at our house when they are older because it feels different. After dinner, Anthony & Lynette came over to play games and eat scones. I rally like them a lot. Dora called while they were here and we talked for quite a while. She made an appointment to go see Dr. Rhodes to help with her Fibromyalgia. Trisha and I talked for a little while about life. She has a rally good perspective on things and I'm always grateful for her listening ear and her input.
Hailee was ready for her story so I read to her. Payton kept telling me that the train in his book was broken and the car crashed! He's so funny. I got to talk to Kel for a few minutes. He loves to drive me crazy and kept telling me he was going to finally go get the mail. That is my one thing I hate him to touch - the mail. He messes it up. He half opens stuff and doesn't throw the trash away. He'll probably get it and leave it on the desk for me. He just likes to threaten me, silly boy. Well I got 30 minutes left... good thing because I have had to go to the bathroom for the last 35 minutes. Good night and only 2 days until I'm home!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment