August 2009, I sustained an injury to my right foot and ankle and after several months of various doctor visits and physical therapy, they finally determined that I have a rare nerve damage injury called Complex Regional Pain Syndrome aka RSDS (Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome). RSDS is an injury disease. For more information on RSDS you can go to this website South Texas Innovative Medicine.

If left untreated the pain can spread throughout the entire body. It has already spread to my hip and is starting up the right side of my back. Dr. Rhodes at South Texas Innovative Medicine specializes in treating patients with this syndrome and has a 90% success rate. Treatments however must be done at the clinic in Corpus Christi, TX for 15 consecutive days and is extremely expensive. I needed to raise between $8,000 - $10,000 for the treatments, housing, food, airfare, and transportation while in Texas.

Saturday, April 10, 2010

The Start of My Adventure

So this morning we drove to San Antonio. The drive there was beautiful. It was open green fields filled with pink, purple and white wildflowers. I wanted to just stop and picks lots of them for Hailee. She loves flowers and would have loved the drive. We got to San Antonio and went to the Temple. The San Antonio Temple is so beautiful! The Angel Moroni was huge! Maybe they are all that size, but he seemed so large. I was so excited to do work for those who'd past on and it was really neat and one point I felt this overwhelming feeling of joy. It was a really neat experience. The sister working in the temple was really nice, she's actually a member of the Corpus Christi 3rd Ward. The same ward as the Grittons. Small world!
At the temple after we finished we met this really nice couple outside, they had a little boy a few months younger than Payton but he looked like he was 3 or 4. I love watching other couple interact and the love they share for each other. I hope one day that kelvin and I can be a couple like that where we are so filled with the spirit and have endless happiness.


Jeff then drove to the Alamo. Wow...I'd heard of the Alamo but had no clue what it was, this place was amazing! There was this tree that was brought and planted there in 1918, the tree was transplanted already being 40 years old. I wish I had had a wide angle lens camera with me to capture the beauty of this tree. It was incredible! The branches were huge and curved and bended and just made this magnificent sculpture.

Of course, Max and Ducka came on these adventures with me today. I hope Hailee loves all the photos and places they were able to go today. We were able to go inside the Alamo. Unfortunately the was a no photos policy. The architecture of the building was amazing, how men knew way back then how to build these incredible places amazes me. You could see the bullet holes in the walls and doors. Gosh I can't even describe the beauty of the Alamo.

We then walked over to the Riverwalk. As soon as I saw the River I had to stop, this has to be one of the most beautiful places I have ever been. We walked partially down the river. The trees were incredible, so large and grand - thick and lush. I've really forgotten how beautiful Texas is. We stopped at a little Mexican restaurant, it was pretty good. The salsa was wonderful. Then we walked back to the car. There is this really old fire station, so I took pictures of the fire truck for Payt.

I slept most of the way back home (3 hour drive), the pain started getting pretty intense in my leg.
Man... I miss my little ones. I'm glad Kel is having the opportunity to spend quality time with them. He took Hais to NASCAR with his parents tonight. I can't wait for her to call me tomorrow and tell me all about it. My mom said Paytie has been doing really well. I wanted to see his beautiful face tonight and get on Skype with him but didn't want to upset him before bed. So now I'm sitting here blogging, hopefully I will get a good night sleep tonight. Last night was rough. I already don't sleep well and being in a new place and missing my family. At least I got to Skype with Kel before he went to bed so I could see him. I'm going to try to edit some photos tonight and this week. I really want to get all my Heritage Makers projects finished. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment