August 2009, I sustained an injury to my right foot and ankle and after several months of various doctor visits and physical therapy, they finally determined that I have a rare nerve damage injury called Complex Regional Pain Syndrome aka RSDS (Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome). RSDS is an injury disease. For more information on RSDS you can go to this website South Texas Innovative Medicine.

If left untreated the pain can spread throughout the entire body. It has already spread to my hip and is starting up the right side of my back. Dr. Rhodes at South Texas Innovative Medicine specializes in treating patients with this syndrome and has a 90% success rate. Treatments however must be done at the clinic in Corpus Christi, TX for 15 consecutive days and is extremely expensive. I needed to raise between $8,000 - $10,000 for the treatments, housing, food, airfare, and transportation while in Texas.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Another Sunny Day

Last night was pretty rough. It took me hours to fall asleep then I was having a hard time staying asleep. I woke up in good spirits though. I got up and got dresses and put half my makeup on. Trisha had me drive myself in the accord this morning. As I was driving I saw a another older model civic that was the exact same color, same spoiler, same everything as hers. I freaked out thinking someone had stolen their car since Jeff meets others and they car pool while leaving their cars in one place. I got a good look at the guy and the license plate. I tried calling 3 times and no answer. I finally got a hold of her and luckily it wasn't the same license plate. How random to see the exact same looking car.
At Dr. Rhodes this morning, I was actually feeling pretty good. Now don't get me wrong, a good day for me is having bearable pain. The pain is still there just not a severe today. No more migraine either. I made the office cookies last night and of course forgot them! At least they were tasty! I'll have to make them more. After my testing, they kept me on the same protocols and frequencies today since they were helping.
When I got back to the house I talked to my mom and Paytie for a few minutes. Then Trisha and I went over to the church to help make dolls for the humanitarian project. I'm actually a really good whip stitcher! The dolls were really cute! They are bringing me the template to church on Sunday. It was nice to be able to get to know a few of the sisters in the ward better.
When we got back I hooked up to my machine then pretty much was asleep until 6:30PM. I made a sandwich, watched American Idol online, and started my 2nd treatment of the day. I got to Skype with Payton - he's so funny!He kept making faces at me sticking out his tongue and making himself burp. He can burp multiple times on command. It's really humorous. Kel and Hais called me. Kel shaved his head, I was so mad! At least he didn't BIC it, it's just really short. Hailee told me about her day. I can't believe she graduates from Kindergarten in a month! She getting so grown up.
I'm going to finish reading my scriptures and go to bed, I'm a little sick to my stomach tonight. Need that rest! Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment